If you suffer from severe leg pain, it can disrupt your life. However, with the help of the vein specialists in Wellington, your legs can recover. Having your veins treated at a vein specialist in Wellington when they are swollen or causing pain is easy, and, in most cases, won’t require any downtime.
The causes of leg pain and swelling
According to the vein specialists in Wellington, a major cause of leg pain and swelling can be attributed to varicose veins and vein problems. When the arteries become blocked, blood is unable to flow effectively through the body to the heart and circulated back into the veins. These blockages cause varicose veins and can even develop into DVT.
Leg pain and swelling risk factors
Any person may suffer from leg pain and leg swelling. However, you may have a higher risk of developing varicose veins or DVT if:
- One or more of your family members have these conditions – genetics may play a huge role in whether you develop vein problems.
- You are required to sit or be immobile for long periods of time, whether this is due to health issues or specific working conditions.
- Your body has a decrease in the production of collagen, used to break down vein walls and stretch veins over time. This is caused by increased age, thus the chance of you suffering from associated vein problems will be higher.
Treatment for painful or swollen legs
Treating painful or swollen legs caused by vein problems can be done by visiting a vein specialist in Wellington. Vein doctors make use of various methods to treat venous veins including:
- Compression stockings
- Laser treatments
Contact a leg pain or swelling vein specialist
Goldman Vein Institute in Wellington has a team of highly experienced vein swelling specialists. With your veins in their hands, you can rest assured your legs will be feeling better in a very short time.
- What causes swelling in one leg?
When a blockage in your veins disrupts effective blood flow through your body, a blood clot can form and cause your leg to swell.
- How is leg pain, that is caused by varicose veins, treated?
To treat leg pain caused by varicose veins, a sclerosant is injected into the affected vein, causing it to collapse and be absorbed by the body.
- What kind of doctor do you see for leg swelling vein problems?
If you need to see a doctor for leg swelling or vein problems, you need to visit a leg vein specialist.
- What treatment is available for painful and swollen leg veins?
Treatment for painful and swollen leg veins include:
- Compression stockings,
- Laser treatments, and
- Endovenous procedures.
If you want to know more about how your leg veins can be treated, contact us today at Goldman Vein Institute in Wellington.