If you experience leg pain, swelling legs, and vein pain, you need to make an appointment to see a vein pain specialist in West Palm Beach. Many people struggle with discomfort and even painful veins for years before they seek efficient treatment. Waiting too long before having your veins treated can have serious consequences.
Leg Pain and Swelling Causes
Our bodies consist of many vein structures, all pumping and circulating blood from organs and body tissues to the heart and back. Should a blockage or thinned vein cause a disruption in effective blood flow, spider veins or varicose veins can develop. When these veins become enlarged, it can cause pain and discomfort as well as leg pain and swelling of the leg. If left untreated, the risk of getting DVT is much greater! Something that should, at all costs, be avoided.
Leg Pain and Swelling Risk Factors
The West Palm Beach vein specialists confirm that anyone has the risk of being vulnerable to vein problems. More severe risks include:
- Age – As you get older, your body produces less collagen. This causes the vein walls to be stretched and broken down easily which leads to varicose veins and other venous conditions.
- Genetics – Should vein problems be a recurring condition in your family, you should take extra care of your veins as you may stand a high risk of developing the condition as well.
- Lifestyle – If you are required to sit or be immobile for long periods, whether due to working or health conditions, your veins will not be able to efficiently pump blood through your system. This causes the risk of vein problems to be higher.
Treatment for Painful or Swollen Legs
Painful or swollen legs are a direct result of vein problems such as varicose veins, spider veins, and DVT. To treat your venous condition, depending on the type of condition you have, there are several options. These treatments can be done by vein specialists in West Palm Beach and include Sclerotherapy, surgery, laser treatments, endovenous procedures as well as compression stockings and medication.
Contact a Leg pain or swelling Vein specialist in West Palm Beach
If you suffer from vein problems, leg pain and leg swelling, Goldman Vein Institute in West Palm Beach can treat your legs and veins. We use several tools and procedures to ensure you can live your life without the pain and discomfort of varicose veins.
- What causes severe leg vein pain?
If you do not treat your vein conditions such as varicose veins, spider veins, and DVT, you may develop severe leg vein pain. Failure to treat these conditions may lead to a complete blockage of the vein that could restrict efficient blood flow, even causing a blood clot to form in the vein.
- What causes lower leg swelling?
If a vein becomes blocked, it will enlarge and swell. This vein may become visible under the skin and cause swelling and discomfort.
- What kind of doctor do you see for varicose veins?
If you want to treat your varicose veins, you must seek the help of a vein specialist.
- What can I do to relieve leg vein pain?
To relieve leg vein pain, you should wear compression stockings or have the veins treated. You can also prevent further damage by living a healthier lifestyle and doing exercise.
For more information about what our vein specialists at Goldman Vein Institute in West Palm Beach can do for your veins, do not hesitate to give us a call.