Information is the most powerful force in the world, but misinformation about varicose veins can cause a huge amount of concern. We often take written information we’ve heard as truth and assume that it’s accurate. When it comes to information about varicose veins, a number of misconceptions are commonly held and sometimes shared.
- Varicose veins are simply a cosmetic issue – Some people believe that varicose veins are merely an unattractive feature, rather than a medical condition which can cause pain, aching, fatigue, and swelling, in addition to increasing risks for other complications such as skin ulcers.
- Insurance doesn’t cover varicose vein treatments – Varicose veins that cause symptoms are a medical problem, and most major health insurance carriers provide coverage for the treatment of vein disease and venous insufficiency when medically necessary.
- Only veins that bulge are a problem – Even when veins don’t visibly bulge, they can be the cause of leg pain, heaviness, swelling and many other symptoms, and ignoring varicose veins can lead to other complications.
- Treatment of varicose veins is painful and requires a long recovery – Modern treatments such as endovenous laser thermal ablation (EVLT), provide a virtually painless, minimally invasive, FDA-approved way to treat varicose veins, which takes about only 10 minutes and produces immediate results in most patients, requiring little to no recuperation time.
- Varicose veins will just come back – With current treatments, there is only a low percentage of individuals who actually have a re-occurrence of varicose veins once treated. The success rate of treatment by EVLT has been shown to be 98% based upon research.
When it’s time to seek treatment, our expert vascular specialists effectively treat varicose veins using the latest endovenous laser thermal ablation techniques. There’s minimal discomfort, and treatment is virtually painless. With this modern therapy, most people can resume their daily activities immediately after treatment.
Know how varicose veins can affect your life
At the Goldman Vein Institute, our mission is to provide our patients with comprehensive care for varicose veins, spider veins, and other conditions caused by venous insufficiency. Our highly-qualified and experienced, board-certified vein specialists, Dr. Goldman and Dr. Varghese-Goldman, combine their extensive knowledge and experience, with the latest innovations in vein treatments.
With our offices in Jupiter, Wellington, and West Palm Beach Florida, the Goldman Vein Institute serves patients from Stuart, Hobe Sound, Tequesta, Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Hialeah, Sunny Isles, Bay Harbor, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Aventura, Surfside, Hallandale, and Hollywood, and we welcome patients across South Florida to visit our state-of-the-art vein centers, where we provide the latest in vein treatment technology.
If you would like more information regarding treatment for your varicose veins, please contact the Goldman Vein Institute today at one of our three convenient locations:
Jupiter 561-625-9853, Wellington 561-790-4550, or West Palm Beach 561-429-8236,
or visit us at www.goldmanveininstitute.com.