Many people are relieved to discover that recent technology has resulted in new treatments for varicose and spider veins. In previous years, treatment required hospitalization and a long period of recovery time afterward. Now, new procedures such as endovenous laser ablation and sclerotherapy, performed by specialist vein doctors, allow safe, effective, minimally invasive, and virtually pain-free methods for treatment. After treatment, patients can return home within hours and experience little to no down-time.
With the decision to have laser vein removal or sclerotherapy for varicose veins or spider veins, the days of self-consciousness and painful, tired, achy legs are nearly over. The following are a few hints on how to make a fast and simple recovery.
- Wear compression stockings to help speed healing time and help relieve any discomfort.
- Walk gently on flat surfaces each day, at least twice, even if it’s for short 20 minute walks.
- Don’t stand or sit for long periods, make sure to break it up by moving periodically.
- Elevate the legs above the heart for 15 minutes twice a day. It can help alleviate any swelling or bruising.
- Avoid hot baths or saunas for two weeks.
- Resume normal activity, but avoid vigorous movement such as running or heavy lifting for a couple of weeks.
- Beware of prolonged sitting for air travel or car trips. If travel is unavoidable, get up and walk around for at least 10-15 minutes each hour.
- Keep direct sunlight off of treated legs for two weeks.
Although treatments may be fast and painless, it’s important to make sure that care is taken following the procedure in order to allow the best healing.
If you would like more information about the benefits of treatment, and about speedy recovery after your varicose vein treatment, please contact the vein specialists at the Goldman Vein Institute today at one of our three convenient locations:
Jupiter 561-625-9853, Wellington 561-790-4550, or West Palm Beach 561-429-8236,
or visit us at www.goldmanveininstitute.com.
At the Goldman Vein Institute, our mission is to provide our patients with comprehensive care for varicose veins, spider veins, and other conditions caused by venous insufficiency. Our highly-qualified and experienced, board-certified vein specialists, Dr. Goldman and Dr. Varghese-Goldman, combine their extensive knowledge and experience, with the latest innovations in vein treatments.
With our offices in Jupiter, Wellington, and West Palm Beach Florida, the Goldman Vein Institute serves patients from Stuart, Hobe Sound, Tequesta, Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, North Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Loxahatchee, Royal Palm Beach, Wellington, Hialeah, Sunny Isles, Bay Harbor, Bal Harbour, Miami Beach, Aventura, Surfside, Hallandale, and Hollywood, and we welcome patients across South Florida to visit our state-of-the-art vein centers, where we provide the latest in vein treatment technology.
Contact us to find out more about varicose vein treatment today.